Nestled in a beautiful tree-lined street in the fabulous suburb of Kingston, with a generous allotment size of 868m2; this thoughtfully renovated and extended, heritage-listed, family-residence beckons your immediate attention.
The property exudes charm and character combining a distinctive exterior, colour scheme, landscaped gardens, and unique historical presence; blended seamlessly into an attractive, yet understated, property that will appeal on many levels and ultimately affords you the opportunity to secure one of the last bastions of residential tranquillity in an urban environment.
On offer are three Bedrooms, high ceilings, a Lounge/Sitting Room, a light-filled spacious Family Room with direct access to the private garden - which has been architecturally designed to function as a spacious and elegant extension of the indoor living space; ideal for the executive couple, young family or those who enjoy entertaining friends and guests alike.
The heritage feel of this unique home is a delight that extends throughout and includes: an original open fireplace (currently gas-fired) with brick surround and mantelpiece; original internal doors and light fittings and a functioning Metters “Canberra” wood-fired stove in the Kitchen, reflecting a bygone era when domestic living was a balance of Art Deco style and functionality. Modern practicality blends and integrates seamlessly with history throughout the home, be it the European-style, Argon-filled, double glazed windows with heritage fenestration; the manually operated awnings fitted to the North and West-facing windows; or the delightful garden setting of the home - set amidst a blend of deciduous and evergreen trees providing an attractive leafy canopy to afford year-round comfort, yet stylish convenience. Ducted and zoned central heating, ceiling fans, and an additional split-system in the Family Room add to your comfort and enjoyment whilst the garage and adjacent tandem carport situated at the rear of the block add to the convenience and practicality of the home.
Our owner has held this special Inner-South home for over forty years and we have the privilege to now offer you the opportunity to make this your lifetime home. If you have been seeking a property with an abundance of character and history then this is a must see. Inspect today as it must be sold at auction. Online bidding via live-stream available upon request.
• Free Standing, Heritage listed property, part of the Kingston Garden City precinct
• Charming tree-lined Street
• High ceilings - approx. 10ft
• Ideal for couples or young families
• Separate, light-filled living areas
• Close to Kingston Village, Kingston Foreshore, Manuka and Fyshwick Markets
• Close to public transport
• Within minutes to many of the premier social amenities of the Inner-South
• Walking distance to Lake Burley Griffin
• Newly installed double-layer insulation
• European-style, argon-filled, double-glazed windows with heritage fenestration
• All north and West-facing windows are fitted with manually operated external canvas awnings
• Established garden of mixed deciduous and evergreen species selected for drought hardiness and attractive foliage.
• Raised garden Beds for horticulture.
• Private, architect designed garden, landscaped to function as a spacious and elegant extension of the indoor living area.
• Ducted and zoned central gas heating
• Evaporative cooling to all rooms
• Additional split system in family room
• Panel heaters and ceiling fans in two bedrooms
• Main bathroom has in-slab heating and heated towel rail.
• Part of the garage has in-slab heating for use as dog kennel
History of the Home:
The house was originally built in 1936. It was owned by the Commonwealth Government until 1963 when it was sold to the sitting tenant. The property was then sold to the current owner in 1977. This is only the second time this property has been available in the open market over the past 87 years!
Additions to the Home:
In 1997, a substantial, new, open-plan, informal Living area including Kitchen, Dining, Sitting and study areas, plus a new Laundry and second Bathroom were added to the property.
Block Size: 868m2
General Rates: $6,648.00
Land Tax (if payable) $12,707.00
Thermal Insulation value approximately R-5.0
While all care has been taken in compiling information regarding properties marketed for rent or sale, we accept no responsibility and disclaim all liabilities in regards to any errors or inaccuracies contained herein. All parties should rely on their own investigation to validate the information provided.
61 Kennedy Street, Kingston, Australian Capital Territory 2604