This modern, stylish townhouse is set in a boutique development in a superb lake-side location on the picturesque shores of Lake Burley Griffin and close to Weston Park. The home is surrounded by the tranquil and beautiful expansive nature reserves of the inner south in the leafy and sought after pocket of Yarralumla Bay. This home is ideal for the executive couple, young growing family or those looking to downsize.
A well laid-out, North-facing living area combines spacious and versatile living, dining and kitchen areas and a dedicated study which highlights the benefits of open plan living. The living area features elevated uninterrupted views over Weston Park’s evergreen pine forest, trees and beautiful terra cotta roof tops, ensuring privacy and tranquillity.
The living area, kitchen and Master Suite adjoin a Japanese-style atrium garden, which is sure to delight, featuring a Coral Bark Maple tree, Bamboo and the relaxing sounds of a bubbling water feature, dappled by the play of sunlight bouncing off the architecturally-designed light shaft.
Endless entertainment opportunities abound, through a seamless transition from outdoors through the spacious balcony off the Living Room or within the secluded leafy patio in the rear garden.
A sophisticated, modern, gourmet kitchen makes entertaining a delight. The triple-glazed argon-filled skylight not only fills the kitchen with bright natural light from the moment the sun rises, but also makes a dramatic architectural statement that will continue to spark joy.
Three good-sized bedrooms, each with a walk-in robe and built in cupboards all have delightful vistas onto the internal or external garden areas.
The backyard is also a gardener’s delight offering an abundance of colour and privacy; featuring a white ornamental Cherry Blossom, the colour theme is carried through with a white Crab Apple, Mexican Orange Blossom and numerous Camellias. Iceberg Roses, a Lemon and Tahitian lime trees are surrounded by mature hedges offering ample privacy. A Chinese Star Jasmine surmounts a romantic archway which separates your very own “secret garden” from the landscaped “parkland” nature strip; leading you to the lake whilst enjoying the manicured gardens of the complex. Majestic Oak trees offer a magnificent silhouette at sunset, whilst the smell of the nearby Pines, Bottle Brush, ornamental and communal fruit trees (Fig, Olive, Persimmon etc) offer an unsurpassed vista which attracts an abundance of native bird life. The spacious rear garden area also lends itself to the joy of owning a small dog; especially noting the proximity of Weston Park dog-run being just a short stroll from your back door.
From the front, stroll across the driveway to rejuvenate in the exquisite “secret garden” under the show-stopping Golden Elm and Chinese Elm trees, then either head straight down the pine tree lane, or turn right towards the Birch forest.
Homes in this prime location are few and far between - this is an ideal opportunity to buy into a blue-ribbon area for the executive couple, young family or downsizer.
Call for a private viewing at your convenience.
* Superb location;
* Single level living with access to a stair lift by the exterior front stairway;
* Partially double-glazed throughout;
* 3 good sized bedrooms with built-in robes and cupboards - the Master Suite features a walk-in robe and en-suite;
* Contemporary, large, light-filled kitchen with ample stone bench tops;
* Miele appliances (oven, stove and dishwasher), a large pull-out pantry, ample storage spaces and a spacious breakfast bar;
* Two luxurious bathrooms with in-slab heating and a large separate laundry;
* Solid Black-butt timber floors throughout;
* Quality window treatments (stylish Roman blinds and Sunscreen blinds);
* Crimsafe security screens;
* Ducted heating and cooling throughout
* Spacious double lockup garage with automated doors (additional car parking available in front of garage), ample visitors parking areas and the garage also features a large workbench and ample storage;
* VDSL2 Internet accessibility available throughout the complex;
* Premier school catchment areas including Yarralumla and Forrest Primary Schools, with Canberra Grammar and Canberra Girls Grammar Schools also nearby;
* A short stroll to public transport for a direct access route to Canberra City or Woden interchange; and
* Large attic storage, accessible via an internal roof ladder.
15 / 51 Musgrave Street, Yarralumla, Australian Capital Territory 2600