Complaint Handling & Dispute Resolution Policy

How to make a complaint

Maloney’s aims to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention.

We recommend that you first raise your issue with the agent, representative or property manager who is handling your business.If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can escalate your concerns to us by:


02 6232 0100
PO Box 5044, Kingston  ACT  2604

Please provide details of your complaint, including the outcome you would like, where applicable.

If you need help to describe or send your complaint, or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please contact us.

How we will handle your complaint

Your complaint will be reviewed by one of our Principals or a member of our management, who will be responsible for working with you and the relevant member of our team, to ensure that the issues are fully examined and that your complaint is handled in accordance with this process.

We will treat the process, and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of our business, we will obtain your consent first.

We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your concerns. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes it may be beneficial to arrange a meeting with you to try to find a satisfactory solution.

How long will it take?

We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.

We will send you acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint within two business days. We will provide you with an estimate of the likely timeline.

What action will we take in response to your complaint?

We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome, but this may not always be possible. There will be an element of assessment needed to determine the appropriate action.

Some of the things we might do include:

  • Take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised
  • Provide you with additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it
  • Take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things

What if you’re still unhappy?

Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction, and you might want to escalate the matter further. Details of the relevant authority in each state are set out below:


Escalations are handled by Access Canberra. They can deal with enquiries and complaints about real estate agents and offers information, advice and dispute resolution services on real estate issues.

New South Wales

After trying to resolve your concerns with the real estate agency, enquiries and complaints about real estate agents should be directed to NSW Fair Trading at:


Looking To Sell Or Rent Your Property?