We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. All Maloney's staff are fully vaccinated. On a daily basis, Maloney's are working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications for our properties.
Specific steps Maloney's is taking include:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Maloney's has launched an internal communications hub with the latest news and information our staff can use to prepare for and respond to COVID-19.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We work with our partners and suppliers to make sure Maloney's can procure and use virus-killing products approved by the Australian Environmental Protection Agency as well as the protective equipment they need for their operations. Maloney's uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Maloney's use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Back of House: In the spaces where our staff work “behind the scenes, Maloney's are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like staff entrances, locker room, laundry rooms and staff offices.